Sunlite Mortgage Alliance is one of the fastest-growing mortgage brokerages in Ontario. We are looking to hire mortgage agents who have what it takes to become the customer’s preferred choice and trusted mortgage professional. If you are a licensed Mortgage Broker or Agent looking for a Mortgage Agent’s career, are you an entrepreneur, committed to providing your customers with a superior client experience, every time, Sunlite Mortgage has a turnkey mortgage career opportunity for you.
We don’t beat our chest or seek desperate recognition from the industry. Our reward is the enhancement of our broker’s careers. Our award is creating mutually beneficial relationships with our lenders and ancillary partners. We have grown organically, one broker at a time by following our corporate vision. Providing customers with the Choice, Convenience, and Counsel they deserve and arming our brokers with an impeccable brand, strategic resources, and round-clock support to meet those goals.
We shine because we are 5 Diamonds – are you?
Approachable. Empathetic. Sincere. Accountable. Enthusiastic.
If you answered “yes” to all, then we should talk.
If not, we probably aren’t the right place for you.
Mortgage Agent Job Offers
Mortgage Agent – Whether you are new to the industry or making a change from another brokerage if you are looking for success as a mortgage professional, you have come to the right place. Sunlite Mortgage has built a reputation of being credible and putting our client’s interests first. Our simple approach, user-friendly tools, and hands-on support with technology and underwriting will get you exactly where you want to go.
We will do the heavy lifting for you so that you can focus on mortgages.
Mortgage Agent’s Job Description
The primary role of the Mortgage Agent is to leverage Sunlite Mortgage Alliance offerings to attract customers, originate mortgages, manage the Mortgage pipeline, and network and build relationships with realtors, attorneys, financial professionals, past customers, and other nontraditional sources while providing excellent customer service. Leverage Sunlite Mortgage Alliance digital platform and social media tools to engage with prospective leads.
- Build and maintain an active book of business through Sunlite Mortgage Alliance provided leads as well as self-sourcing methods.
- Inform prospective and existing customers of the vast array of choices available through Sunlite Mortgage Alliance lending partners, including all mortgage products and procedures, prevailing rates, policies, and underwriting requirements.
- Gather and analyze applicants’ financial data; including financial statements, tax returns, and credit to determine the feasibility of qualifying for a mortgage and match customers’ needs with an appropriate loan program.
- Compile loan disclosures and facilitate negotiations with borrowers to establish standards on items such as loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Interface between mortgage processors, underwriters, lenders, and realtors on behalf of the applicant as needed to ensure a successful loan transaction.
- Remain up to date with changing rules, regulations, and guidelines from regulators (FSRA), Mortgage Insurers, and Mortgage Lenders.
- Research and stay up to date on market rates and trends to better consult and inform clients.
- Attend in-person and/or virtual meetings with potential clients or real estate brokers.
Mortgage Agent’s Qualifications / Requirements
- Active Mortgage Agents license
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous experience as a mortgage Agent or in a similar role
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree is desired
- Knowledge of guidelines for loan programs and various types of mortgages.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan computer software (Filogix) and CRM.
- Experience in self-sourcing and servicing business leads
- Excellent customer service, sales, and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills required
- Must be open to participating in marketing initiatives and office meetings.
- Bilingual is a plus, but not mandatory
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Additionally, we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Training on our CRM training
- Low competitive rates to your clients
- Over 100 mortgage lenders to choose from
- A suite of commercial property lending programs
- 24 to 48-hour mortgage approvals
- Referral base prospecting assistance
- Strategic co-branding partnership with realtors
- Access to full-service, in-house marketing, events, and social media team